Monday, May 7, 2018

Using Maven

I have added my web development project using Spring to Maven.

It is easy to set dependencies.

I had a problem connecting to a database using mysql-connector-java-6.0.6.jar. I received an error about the wrong time zone.

com.mysql.cj.core.exceptions.InvalidConnectionAttributeException: 
The server time zone value 'EDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone.
You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) 
to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.

I changed to a different mysql server and received an SSL error.

com.mysql.cj.core.exceptions.UnableToConnectException: CLIENT_PLUGIN_AUTH is required

I attempted to add useSSL=false to my connection string. but it did not fix the problem.

I reverted to mysql-connector-java-5.1.44.jar. It fixed both problems.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers